A Short Story - Part Nineteen

It was a small girl, holding a card in one hand and Raghu's hand in another.. Raghu leaned to the girl and asked, "Whats up, child?", and the girl said "Akshara akka asked me to give you this.." handing him the card .. the girl left..


Raghu just stared at the child for a moment..and then he opened the card.. it was more like an invitation to an event with venue and date mentioned in it.. it was a personalised one too with Raghu's name printed on it as were other names.. 


of the many things it had, one portion of it read,


"..This isn't just an invitation to my arengetram today.. this is an invitation that i am sending you across, for you to be a part of my life..
.
.
.
Like the tree needs earth,
Like the night needs moon,
Like the star needs sky,
Like the guitar needs tune,
I need you in my life..


I need you more each day, 
I need you for you are so wonderful, in every single way. 


I want to have that feeling
the one that everyone gets
when they know it's right 
and they have no regrets..
Will you ever be with me?
.
.
Be there to concede my love, Raj.."

2 comments: